Macro Photography by Frans Narciso

April 09, 2019 frans 0 Comments



Macro Photography is the art of taking close up pictures that show details unable to be seen with the human eye. It gives us a glimpse of the small world. I selected Macro Photography as my first assingment in term 3. It was a bit frustrating to focus on a small part of the subject but worth the time since the pictures turned out wonderful. Although simultaneously, it was fun because I had series of objects that I wanted to see up close. In general, I enjoyed doing Macro Photography despite the time it took for some images to focus. I'm looking forward to incorporate the new concepts I've learned later on in my life.


My Top 10 Tips for Macro Photography
1) When taking a macro, you should pay attention to the lighting. Personally I found it best to have your light source directly at your subject.
2) It's okay if your image isn't that close to the subject because you can always crop it in photo shop.
3) Use a diffuser. If you don't know what a diffuser, its anything white the makes your light source bigger. If you're cheap like me, I just used a piece of white paper.
4) The background doesn't matter if you're using a high aperture since the background will blur anyways.
5) Make sure you're camera is on burst mode since not all pictures are gonna be focused.
6) Try to get on the same level as your subject, it makes the picture more interesting.
7) Some interesting photos to take are of insects, bugs, flowers, plants, abstract images, and fruits.
8) To get the most out of available depth of field, select a small aperture like f/16 or even f/22.
9) If your subject is not focusing dont move the camera, move the subject.
10) Explore unusual angles, the picture doesn't always have to be on top of your subject

0 comments :