An Egg in Manual Settings by Maegan

November 04, 2018 maegan ilagan 0 Comments




How do you turn something as ordinary as a plastic egg into something interesting and eye catching? With this task, we really had to let our creative juices flow to come up with ideas that are captivating and not repetitious. Furthermore, shooting in manual mode was a requirement, which could end up both ways - a disaster or a gorgeous photograph. While shooting manually does tend to be very tedious while adjusting the settings, it was a very interesting experience, as the experimentation with shots resulted in varying photographs with the exact same subject. Admittedly, trying to figure out the aperture and shutter speed was a bit confusing, as well as figuring out what type of shot I wanted to produce. Do I want this shot in the bird's eye view? Worm's eye? Eye-level? Where do I want the light to hit? How should I position the egg? These were just a few thoughts that my indecisive self struggled with. However, I did manage to have end results that I am satisfied with.




0 comments :