Photographic Composition Post By: Kiana

January 15, 2019 Kiana Mercredi 0 Comments



New year, new assignment. For this GCT assignment we learned and experimented with different genres of composition. Composition is a way of guiding the viewer's eye towards the most important elements of your work, sometimes in a very specific order. Composition is largely a matter of personal taste and by doing this assignment we got to discover what our personal taste was. We were given nine topics to choose from: line, negative space, rule of odds, rule of space, sub framing, shape, simplification, rule of thirds and rhythm. Out of the nine genres that were listed we had to chose 3-9 of them to learn about and take pictures of. Doing this assignment got me to think more about the surroundings of my main subject and where I wanted everything positioned. This assignment also allowed me to explore different post production techniques to make my photos look the best that I can. Unlike our previous assignments, we were allowed to use our phones to take a majority of our pictures which made it a bit easier.


0 comments :